We are excited to report that we are currently at 95.8% of what we need to move to NYC – THAT IS SO CLOSE, YA’LL!! We are going next week to look for housing and then will come back to finish out well before we move. While I could post about a lot of things from the range of emotions I am feeling about moving into the unknown to all the funny things our kids have been doing and saying to how my heart is breaking for our nation in light of all the shootings, looting, rioting, and cop hating.
But, to keep it light, I decided to post about 5 things I am loving right now:
1. My Pregnancy Pillow – I bought this pregnancy pillow during my second pregnancy (I think?!?) and while it is SO massive, I love it!! Yes, Ed does have to move over in bed to make room but he is willing to sacrifice for me to have good sleep. Many people have asked over the years how it works. You put your head at the top and use it as a pillow, and then you turn on your side either direction. Then, if you want to roll over at night, you don’t have to readjust all your pillows, you just turn over. Seriously, any pregnant mamas or to-be pregnant mamas, GET THIS PILLOW!!
2. Space and Being With Family – One of the things that I love about my parents’ house is that there is lots of space. Space for my kids to run, space for my kids to play, space for them to sing at the top of their lungs, space to get them out of each other’s hair (and mine, too, because lets be real..having kids isn’t all fun and games). And not to mention, we are loving being around our family – from parents to siblings to aunts to my grandmother. Knowing that we will be downsizing and moving away from most of our family, we are soaking up (and trying to!) every moment.
3. Margaret Maron mystery books – I don’t even know how I got hooked on reading Margaret Maron mystery books. Ed really enjoys reading mysteries and crime novels, so I probably picked it up from him. Back to the point, I started reading her Deborah Knott series and I am so hooked. Disclaimer – she is not a believer and everything in her book isn’t Scripture and uplifting if you know what I mean. But, I have found it to be a super easy read, very engaging, and I am always left guessing as to who the real killer is. Just in case you, like me, are always looking for good books to read.
4. Watching My Children Learn – We are on week 4 of homeschooling. I (and they) made it 4 weeks, ya’ll! And can I be honest? It hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. I will say that I like schooling Kinsley better than Emerson and I am not sure if it is her personality, her age, or that her kindergarten last year laid a lot of the basics for me. Seriously, schooling preschoolers is not for the faint of heart. But, I will say that one of the things I love the most is watching my kids learn before my very eyes.
Emerson knew her letter A and the A sound before we started school, so when we started talking and learning A, I thought it would be easy. Um, no. It was like the other letters she learned took up her whole mind and she could NOT remember A. So, 4 weeks in, she finally was able to recite to me 4 letters and their sounds, one of them being A. I jumped for joy and gave her candy as a reward (hey, bribery works wonders 😉 )
I have been working with Kinsley on learning to count by 2 and 5, and after the first day, I was frustrated and couldn’t understand why she couldn’t understand to just skip every other number. Well, within the last week, it just clicked and she is rocking it. So fun to watch them learn!! It is definitely a sanctifier for me as I learn to trust the Lord, be patient, and not get frustrated when they just aren’t getting it…man, does school show me how sinful I am!
5. Little Boys – I love having little girls and with one more coming, that is a good thing. But, there is something so sweet and fun about little boys, mostly because they are SO different. Blake LOVES being outside, watching, hearing, and listening to tools and power equipments, watching trucks, playing with balls, choo-choo trains, and climbing. It is so different from the girls and so fun to see how he processes and gets excited about different things. My parents had hardwood floors put in and he loved watching us pull out the carpet and seeing the workers put in the floors…he even got his “hammer” and helped…we joked that he had to supervise because he just loved watching everyone work. It doesn’t hurt that he is adorable too.
Thank you for your continued prayers and I look forward to updating you after we have found an apartment (prayers for wisdom and that God would prepare and lead us to the perfect place would be appreciated)!