Sound like a contradiction? Well, it’s not.
Let me set the scene. We were in staff meeting this morning and for the first 20 minutes or so, we normally share about what is happening or has happened, either on campus that week or in our lives. I shared about some encouraging things happening at University of Cumberlands and Georgetown College, and was in the process of sharing about some personal stuff when it happened. I became pleasantly overwhelmed.
This is what I was in the process of sharing when it happened: this week, Ed was sharing with some people about our ministry and how they could join us by partnering with us monthly, but he was also sharing about the big changes coming up for us in regards to moving to NC. Although they didn’t say no to partnering with us monthly, they did think they may be able to rally some people around helping provide financially for our move. Basically, this person told Ed, “Give me a number of what it would cost you to move, and no promises, but we will try to make that happen.” While I am fully aware this isn’t a guarantee and it may fall through, this is a BIG deal. I have thought many times this week about how we would have to dip into our emergency savings to provide for the move, so this was an answer to a prayer I hadn’t even been bold enough to pray and ask the Lord for.
While I was sharing this, God basically ran through my mind all the ways that he has provided for this move, assuring me once again that when He calls us to do something, He will ALWAYS provide ALL that we need to make it happen. Here are the things He has provided so far:
- as we decluttered in preparation for selling our house, we had friends offer to let us use their basement to store things so we wouldn’t have to get a storage unit
- our house sold in two and a half weeks
- the inspection for the house went really well and my dad happened to be in town as it was being done so he could help Ed fix the things they listed
- right after we sold the house and just when I was starting to think I was going to need to find boxes to start packing things, we drove past a house in a neighborhood nearby us that had a ton of boxes sitting on the curb
- we have a great realtor in NC who we really like and knows the area well
- we have a place to stay for the 10 days we are here in KY before we move
- the news about the money for the move that I shared above
How awesome is this? I got convicted at the same time because it was like God was saying, “I have been faithful to provide every thing you have needed thus far in regards to making this move for me, how dare you not ask that I provide money for moving costs too?” So thankful that we serve a faithful and merciful God!
“Who is like you, LORD God Almighty? You, LORD, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.” –Psalm 89:8
Please pray as we travel to NC this week to look for either a house or an apartment to live in, that the Lord will give us wisdom and direct our steps. We are excited to see how he provides for this part of our journey!