We are officially in full swing meeting with people and growing our team of ministry partners. It has been very busy, but very good. However, even in the midst of lots of phone calls, meetings, and appointments, we have been managing to have lots of fun as well. Here are a few things we have been doing lately:
1. Visiting Fire Stations – First, we went with our Moms Group at church to the Fuquay Varina Fire Station. The kids loved seeing the men put on their gear, talk about fire safety, show them where they sleep, and let them ride on the truck. We even got to make them some Thank You cards and sweet treats to show them our appreciation.
Then, the next week, our good friend had part of his birthday party at another fire station. This time, the girls enjoyed the same things, but also got to sit in an ambulance. So fun!
2. Working on Cars – We have been having lots of car trouble around here – steering wheels detaching, wheels not turning, etc., so Ed had to spend a lot of time working on them. I just loved this picture so I had to share.
3. Walk for Life – We got to join with our church and participate in Hand of Hope Pregnancy Resource Center’s Walk for Life. The girls ran in the Kid’s Run and I ran the 5k. It was a trail run, after lots of rain, so it was a little rough to run, and the hills were killer. But it was fun to run with friends and to get my fitness on. Notice the weird look on my face/mouth? I was definitely saying, “You better not be taking a picture of me” to my friend. She so did anyways.
4. Yard Sale! – We had our first big yard sale to get rid of lots of things before moving. We didn’t have a lot of big items, but we had TONS of small ones. We did really well, all things considering, and a huge, huge thank you to Lisa and Sandra for coming to help me out since Ed had to tend to the kids. We had a great time and got rid of lots of stuff – a win-win!! Here are my little helpers overseeing the yard sale from their rocking chairs eating their biscuits 🙂
5. Strawberry Picking – Today was the first day in a week that we didn’t have appointments, so we decided to take advantage of this short break and take the kids strawberry picking. The kids LOVED it and we enjoyed great family time. Kinsley searched for the largest ones to pick and was preoccupied with making sure they were ripe and ready, Emerson spent her time eating them more than picking, and Blake was just interested in the leaves. Who said that every kid is different? They were SO right!